The topics are categorized into multiple sessions. These sessions will be appropriately paced and distributed in the span of two days.
Introduction to Robotics and basics of robot construction
- Master slave concept
- Anatomy of a robot
- Overview of controller-less robotics
- Robot construction materials
- Fabrication processes
- Servo motors
- RF communications
- ADC/DAC Interfacing
- Ideas and Tips on fabricating PC
- In this session, participants will be introduced to the world of robotics. Different robot construction materials and construction techniques will be investigated and compared
Basics of electronics and RC circuits
- Revision of basic electronics fundamentals
- Study of simple RC circuits
- Bread-boarding techniques
This warm-up session shall be used to revise the basic fundamentals in electronics. Simple resistor-capacitor circuits will be designed and analyzed. Different types of available resistors and capacitors will be seen. This session will also be used to familiarize the participants with the concept of breadboard prototyping.
- Introduction to commonly used transistors
- Selecting the right transistor for your application
- Designing simple transistor circuits
- Using transistors to drive Relays and Motors
A practical approach to transistor circuit designing will be employed. Techniques for identification and selection of appropriate transistors will be discussed.
Motors and Motor Drivers
- Servo motors fundamentals
- L293 D interfacing.
- DC motors and Geared motors
- Designing a transistorized H bridge
- Concept of fly-back diodes
- Noise suppression techniques
This session includes understanding the need and basics of operation of motor drivers. Various motor driver designs will be discussed and analyzed. Participants will design and build their own transistorized H bridges.
- Introduction to various IR based sensors
- Concept of active modulated sensors
- Tactile sensors
- Sound sensing with simple techniques
This session will introduce the participants to various sensors and their probable usage in robotics applications. Simple circuits will be designed, implemented and tested to analyze their characteristics under different conditions.
Understanding Op Amps
- Basic Op Amp circuits
- Op Amps as comparators
- Designing line detecting sensors
- Building a Line following robot/ Edge avoiding robot
- Building a light seeking robot
Use of Op Amps in practical circuits will be extensively discussed in this session. Different Op Amp based sensor processing techniques will be reviewed. Participants will build their own IR based line detecting sensors.
Understanding IC 555
- Basics of IC555
- TSOP based object detecting module
- Building obstacle avoider using a timer IC555
The idea of this session is to understand the use of IC555 through various robotics related applications. An IC555 based object detection sensor will be designed and built. Simple 555 based robot designs will also be covered.
All of the circuits designed and discussed during the course of this workshop will be assembled and implemented on a specially designed rapid robotic development platform. This kit includes all the necessary tools and components to build a self-contained autonomous robot out of discrete electronic components.
The kit shall consist of the following:
- Servo motors
- Robotic hand wearable unit
- Motors (Geared -2).
- Motor Driver Kit
- Power Supply Kit
- Battery Holders with relevant connectors
- Robust chassis
Starters Package List:
- Bread-Board wires
- Screw Driver
- Wire Stripper
- Component Container
- Assortment of Transistors, Resistors, Capacitors and Diodes
- IR sensor Pair
- TSOP 1738
- Logic Gates
- Pre and post workshop training material.